Friday, May 22, 2009

Fake IPL player reveals himself on camera

Here is the video FIP RIP where he reveals himself after the last KKR match, though in shadow form only...





The transcript of the video goes as below:

This is me, Fake IPL player... or FIP as you sometimes call me... It's been 4 weeks, 43 posts... about 17,000 comments till now...Over 90% of the comments have actually been from one person...called anonymous...who the hell is this guy anonymous...actually anonymous is me and you...yes...both of us... Behind all the greasepaint, I'm just another faceless guy... grew up in Delhi where I learnt my art... and I have travelled and worked almost all over India... actually, I grew up on cricket. One of the earliest memories being that of a grinning Kapil Dev, running back to the pavilion after beating England in the 1983 world cup semifinals... I watched with horror when Miandad whacked Chetan Sharma for that last-ball six... and also overjoyed when Jadeja returned the favor 10 days...err...10 years later...Actually I was crackpot enough to skip my IIM interview in order to watch India play Australia at Feroze Shah Kotla... A match that by the way we lost...But somewhere along the faceless journey in life, I happened to get intimately exposed to cricket... From the kings of Bollywood to the pimps of cricket... and vice versa... from the cricketers with oversized egos to journos that are so happy being in such august company... they forget to dig deep enough... I've seen them all. Yes, I am an insider... I am the fly on the wall... the ghost in the darkness...and I am sitting here right now reading your question and wondering why are you asking me about match fixing now...when the match itself has changed...in our attempt at competing with movies...we have actually changed cricket matches to three-hour cricket movies... with a couple of strategic timeouts in between...Being intimately involved, I think I saw a lot more happening than what most people saw on TV...oh I saw so much...it will probably take me a book or two to spell it all in...but if I actually write a book...I will probably be history even if my book is not...still it's a story that has to be told and perhaps my anonymity now will be exchanged for some harsh limelight later or perhaps not. As to my fascination with the city of Kolkata...hmmm...I love the people there...kintu dekha jaye to...Kolkata kin satti ekta Bollywood masala movie...is team mein action hai...tragedy hai...comedy hai...romance hai...sex hai...item number bhi hai...is team mein hero hai...heroine hai...villain hai...aur villain ka bhai bhi hai...yahin hai bollywood ka asli maja dosto...entertainment ka asli baap yahi hai... Anyway this is the story of FIP... finally, it's all just shadow play... or as my name suggest, fake... See you when I see you... kabhi alvida na kehna."

Now, it is up to you to decide who this Fake IPL Player is...

© 2009 Ranjan Kumar

No comments: